This Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad tastes like summer! And even better than that, it can be made in under 30 minutes and keeps well in the refrigerator for a couple of days making it perfect for weekday meals. We paired it with our delicious Turkey Burgers for a delicious and filling meal. It would also be great paired with Lemon Grilled Chicken or even make it a meal on it’s own.
Loaded with arugula, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta and kalamata olives this Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad is super fast to put together. Cook your orzo pasta according to the package while you chop the rest of the ingredients and toss it together. Let it chill for a little bit and then enjoy!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1-2 handfuls of baby arugula
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- While orzo is cooking, chop vegetables and place all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once orzo is cooked, rinse with cold water to cool then add to bowl.
- Stir all ingredients to combine.
- Refrigerate to chill slightly or serve immediately. This salad is even better the next day when the flavors are all marinated together so it can be made ahead of time.
- Serve as a side dish or as a meal. Enjoy!
If serving as a side dish it should be 6-8 servings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 580mg Carbohydrates: 48g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 12g